Friday, December 27, 2013

Catching up on Day 66

I haven't fell off the face of the earth.... I had a very nice sober Christmas and my family did as well.  The kids made out like bandits again, spoiled rotten by the entire family.  We enjoyed a quiet relaxing Christmas day at home in our pajamas all day and we had a delicious dinner of Prime Rib prepared by my BF.  It couldn't of been any better.  My BF gave me a fancy camera and I am looking forward to a new hobby of taking photos of the kids and the outside world.  I am in awe when I see pretty photos of nature, or children taken by others and I really would like to try my hand at it.  It was the best gift I could of asked for.  We are vacationing in South America this coming February and I can't wait to take lots of photos. 
 
Today marks 66 days since my last hangover or drink if you will.  I like to think of it as my last hangover, the awful feeling of pain, guilt, shame and everything else that comes with it.  I am still listening to sober podcasts from Belle and the Bubble Hour, reading blogs about others journey's of  sobriety and started seeing a therapist for my food related issues.  I am happy that in the upcoming New Year I am not filled with regret of not achieving anything positive in regards to my health in 2013.  It did take me about 10 months of excessive drinking and eating this year to finally say, ENOUGH,  I can't do this anymore!!! I finally did say enough and I have begun on the path of recovery.  I have a big issue with using food and booze to deal and cope with my feelings and emotions and I am finally addressing it after all these years.  Well I hope I continue to address my issues in the new year and in hopes 2014 I will be much happier with myself both mentally and physically. 
 
My goal was to go 100 days without any booze.  I have attempted to do this once before and failed after 15 days.  I am not sure what clicked this time and I really don't think that matters,  I am just proud of myself for how far I have come.   
 
My journey will not be over at 100 days and I believe it will just be beginning of a "new life" as I turn 40 this summer.  
 
I am looking forward to a new year, a new outlook and new beginnings. 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for reading! 
 
Momma Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment