Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 7~ Treated Myself

 
 
Today I treated myself something special at the Farmers Market.  Just like my sober pen pal suggested.  A bouquet of flowers.  Almost the price of a bottle of wine.  I am so happy where I am today. I feel like the grip is loosening, a tiny bit.  I have been here before but I feel stronger this time.  The longest stretch of sober days (in the last 4 years) was 21 days about 2 years ago.  When I was trying to travel down this same road.  This time I have my sober community for support (always looking for more sober pen pals), tools and the memories that I want to forget but can't because if I do I will think that I wasn't that bad. 
 
So as I finish my first week I am excited to start the next.  Each day I am one step further away from Wolfie (the bad guy inside my head) and one step closer to the person I am suppose to be.  Happy with myself, loving myself and proud of myself.
 
Each day, one step closer. 
 
I will not pick up that first glass.
 
Happy Tuesday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment