Friday, November 1, 2013

TGIF

 

November 1st.... many friends on Facebook started "30 Days of Being Thankful". Each day they will post what they are Thankful for.  I joined in.  Day 1,  I am thankful for my healthy family.

Here on my Blog, "30 Days of Being Thankful". 

Day 1, I'm thankful I'm sober.  Yes it is only 10 days today, but I am Thankful I have 10 days under my belt going into the weekend.  TGIF usually means, Happy Hour somewhere.  Bar, home, friends, but somewhere including a nice cocktail.  My sober car is riding along the highway and I don't seem to see any accidents or road closures up ahead.  If something comes up, I am prepared.  I have my teas, mocktails (Mineral water and fixings) and plenty of Chocolate.  I have my jumpstart personal call with Belle Saturday morning.  I have a date at the gym Saturday morning.  I have plans to make a big batch of soup Saturday afternoon and today after work I am shopping for my supplies.  Sunday afternoon I have a gathering with my girlfriends and there will be plenty of wine.  I will bring my fancy mineral water.  Its ok to bring wine to events so why not my own non alcoholic beverage?  I am sure some heads will take a double take but I don't care.  Seriously, I don't care. If anyone asks, I am cutting back.  No biggie. 

If I have time this weekend, I would like to treat myself to a pedicure and manicure.  I "deserve" it after a long week.  Before I would say I "deserve" a glass of wine which would be more than a glass.  So now I "deserve" something better.  Something healthier. Sobriety!

Happy Weekend to all~

Momma B.

No comments:

Post a Comment