Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Big Dream....

Today is day 16 without a drink...... Been a while since I posted.  My weekend was very busy and I really didn't have time to blog.  However, I wanted to share something that woke me Saturday morning......

I had my first real dream in a long time. I never dream and if I do I don't remember it or only bits and pieces later in the day when something would trigger my memory.   I woke remembering my dream.  Short version, it was about me holding a snake that my x husband was holding and it jumped on me.  Trying to remove him, he bitten down on my thumb and another finger.  I got him off and there was no bite marks.  I felt him bite me.  He was poisonous.  I called 911 anyway.  I was fine.  Then I woke up.  Right away I googled dreams, bitten by snake.... I was amazed 2 websites said the same thing.

It would depend on the association you had with the dream. Did you struggle with the snake or did it wither and die after it bit you? Gillian Holloway, Ph.D. identifies being bitten by a snake as meaning different things. She says, "In many dreams a single snake will come to bite you, and you may in fact be bitten after a brief struggle. To your amazement though, you will not die, and may find that the situation is not as bad as you thought." According to Holloway you have this kind of dream if you are struggling with some problem, relationship or challenge. "Such a snake-ordeal is an important signal that you are going through a kind of initiation; a psychological and spiritual trial that has the potential to change your life for the better if you deal with it bravely and with a clear heart. You may have to give up something you thought you couldn't, or take a stand for your principles or faith."

Generally, a snake featured in a dream means that you’re dealing with a difficult situation or unsettling emotions in your waking life. On the positive side of this dream analysis, dreaming of snakes could also mean that healing and transformation are taking place.
A snake can appear in your dreams as an animal spirit guide or animal totem, bringing guidance about life direction and healing opportunities.
WOW.  Challenge. Psychological and Spiritual trial. Change my life for the better. Give up sometng you thought you couldn't. Difficult situation in waking life. Healing and transformation is taking place. WOW.
Ok, so it can be a fluke and mean nothing, but I took it as something.  I remembered my dream.  I was on Day 11 of no booze.  I believe the "spirit" or something was letting me know I am struggling with "something aka alcohol" but it will be ok.  I will make it.  Have faith my life is changing for the better.
So I made it thru the weekend.  I went to a ladies social at a friends house and brought my own mineral water.  The host asked later when no one was around, why I wasn't drinking?  Momma here always drinks at socials or events.   I didn't want to deal with it so I said, I'm on penicillin and the last time I did I had issues.  That is all.  In 2 weeks thou I will be back at her house for another event. I'll be ready again to say, nope taking a little break or gotta work out early tomorrow.  Her sibling struggles with alocohol and I think has been sober well over a year.  I love my friend but she is quite the gossiper, so she wouldn't be one I would share my journey with just yet.
So it is now Thursday and I am onto Day 16.  Halfway till 30. Almost past my streak of 21 days.  (whenever I counted my streaks in the past 3-4 years, 21 days was my longest).  I'm using my sober tool box.  I did Belles Sober Jumpstart last week.  More info here.... http://tiredofthinkingaboutdrinking.wordpress.com 
I'm listening to her podcasts, blogging, and reading sober blogs.  Im exercising again and trying to eat better but I'm still having sweet treats.  Not drinking and exercising again is my only focus this month.  I'm not taking too much on, I want to succeed.    So as they say,  I'm "working" the program. It's my program and no on else's. 
I'm pretty damn happy with myself so far. I'm keeping my eye on Wolfie.  He is on his way out but I'm watching him closely. I know he can pop up at any time! He did a bit last night but I wouldn't let him in. 
Momma Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment